We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. We are excited to say our office is now open and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and dental health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We would like to tell you about our infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and our staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see the following changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to protect our patients and our Team.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your visit to ask some screening questions. You may be asked these questions again at our office.
- We have hand sanitizer in multiple locations that we will ask you to use during your visit as well as entering our office.
- You will notice our waiting room is sanitized. There are no longer magazines or brochures. These items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients. That may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
- Our office is social distance ready! Please wear your mask into the office.
- Our front desk area has Plexiglass for safe communication and check out and will be using a special aerosol filtration system.
- Our Team will be donning more Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) such as eye wear, face shields, masks and gowns.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment please call our office at 952-922-8111 or visit our website edina5-0dental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, friends and families.
Dr. Spencer and Staff