How can we help you?
Patient education is an essential part of our practice. We encourage our patients to ask questions because we want them to understand everything they can about their oral health.
We hear some questions from patients quite frequently, and we have included a few of these here. But if you have another question not listed, don’t hesitate to contact our practice. The only silly question is one that does not get asked!
We look forward to assisting you with all of your questions regarding your oral health!
Dental implants are the best replacement for missing teeth because they offer so many advantages, including the following:
- Dental implants look and function closest to your natural teeth.
- The implant portion of the dental implant—which takes the place of your tooth root—is made of titanium, which is biocompatible. What this means is that it is well accepted by the body, with little chance of rejection.
- Because dental implants are permanently integrated into the jawbone, they are completely secure and stable. Denture-wearers often have to worry about their dentures slipping and shifting; this problem does not exist with dental implants.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss, keeping your jaw tissue healthy. They also prevent something called “facial collapse,” which is what gives denture-wearers a sunken-in, aged look to their face.
- Care for dental implants is easy. Just brush and floss as you would your natural teeth. Also be sure to stay current with your visits to the dentist. It is essential you go in twice each year for examinations and cleanings. Although decay cannot develop in your implants, you can still get gum disease so it important your gum health be monitored regularly.
If you care for your dental implants, they can last a lifetime.