What is CEREC 3D®?
CEREC 3D is a high-tech instrument that helps dentists restore damaged teeth. The new "what you see is what you get" software makes designing the perfect restoration fun and easy.
How does it work?
First, the dentist prepares the damaged tooth by painting a thin layer of reflective powder directly on the tooth's surface. Using a special camera, the dentist then takes a picture of the tooth. No need to take a messy impression and send it to the lab. As the design of the restoration evolves on screen, the dentist views it with a full 360-degree perspective.
Freeform editing in three-dimensional realism makes designing the restoration intuitive and precise.
What kinds of procedures can it perform?
- Partial and full crowns
- All other single-tooth restorations
What are the advantages CEREC 3D offers?
- The dentist performs the restoration in a single-session, usually in 1-2 hours
- No need for the dentist to make an impression and send it to a lab
- No return visits for the patient
- The restoration is natural looking, as it is made out of tooth-colored ceramic material
- Ceramic material is biocompatible, high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant
- Metal-free—no silver-colored fillings
- Allows dentist to save more of the healthy tooth
- Extremely precise
948 West 50th Street, Suite 205, Edina, MN 55424